Breaking News

DAIRY OF A CHILD OF 7: COMPOSITION ABOUT MY DOG

COMPOSITION ABOUT MY DOG


By: Ola Element


I could vividly remember the face of my stern looking aunt in primary 3 as I handed her the empty sheet where I should have written a composition about my dog. I told her I didn't know what to write, she laughed her horrific laughter and told me to go back to my seat and think of what to write. I quietly walked back to my seat and sat down, then I started thinking until a bright idea came to me. I quickly scribbled it down then I waited to be the last to submit.

I watched keenly as our books were marked and as our aunty call us by name after marking your book to come pick it, you are lucky if you get a knock or a twisted ear for the unlucky ones a whack or two of the wicked looking cane. When it got to my turn, she picked up my book and with unmistakably annoyance yelled my name, what is the meaning of this rubbish you wrote she asked" I wrote the truth I replied. With a calculated eye I dashed out of the classroom and rushed into the headmaster office as she raised the cane.

The headmaster a friend of my Dad was busy with some paper work, my auntyplaceat my heels, as she rushed into the headmaster office I hide myself well under the headmaster table. The headmaster surprised by all this drama asked what the commotion is all about?? My aunty showed him my note which he read and laughed loudly and called me out. I got out from my hiding place and godly looked at him and my aunty. He smiled and asked what was wrong? I replied that I had written the truth.
He begged my aunt to let me go as I was correct I had written the truth of course, he was a family friend. I was elated as I walk with great giant stride into the classroom. I had won, I had planned it from the onset. Have won, aunty won't beat I know I was correct, I had written the truth. I had scribbled down this "Sorry aunty, I wish I had a dog until now I have none, maybe I would tell my dad to get me one until then I can't lie" . a big word for a child of 7. Did you expect me to lie???

Two years later, now in primary 5, I was asked to write a composition about a football match I watched. I just wrote "The two teams and official were ready then it rained heavily and the match was canceled, I had to go home drenched"   You see I still can't lie...




No comments