Breaking News

A day at the bank

A DAY AT THE BANK

It was a sunny Tuesday Afternoon, I was already tired and exhausted as I stand under the scorching sun trying to fix together pieces of alumaco.
Who is there? Who is free?? Oga called out from the shed where he was gisting with his frnds, "where is Sunny he asked them, call him for me he continue without waiting for their reply.
They rushed over Sunny! Sunny!! Oga dey call you. I quickly detached myself from the piece of aluminum like it was an enemy, " yes oga I answered as I raced down to the shed where I met him drinking garri with his friend, Garri  with cold water and milk garnished with sugar and groundnut and laying on the table dir were obviously five piece of Iya nofisat smoked fish
Hmmm I wish I hadn't seen it for it makes me remember how hungry I am my mouth seems very watery it was just as if I should take a spoon and join them there, yes oga I managed to say again admist all temptations.
Ha where have you been? Come and rush down to the bank and pay in this sum of fifty thousand naira to our supplier account and take this two hundred naira for transport, hmm very generous of Oga
Thank you sir I said as I collect the money and the piece of paper in which the account number was written " don't let me wait for you o, if u like sleep there " he said a he handed them over. OK oga I said as different thought were already rushing through my mind, different ideas presenting themselves to me.  To and fro cost two hundred and its trekabble. Should I trek when going and take transport wen coming back, no I kicked against that idea I may lose the money so I better transport to and trek fro I decided.I walked down to the bustop with my mouth dancing chew the piece of meat am yet to finish and stomach throbbing happily, the hundred naira has been well spent on a wrap of amala and egusi soup with one meat and plenty water. I happily trekked to the bustop not minding the sun at least I was no longer hungry......

No comments