Breaking News

A DAY AT THE BANK 2

A DAY AT THE BANK 2


I boarded the first bus going my way, in no distant time I had reach my destination. I alighted gently taking careful precautionary measures not to lose the money. I quickly walk to the white and blue building of first Bank. Good afternoon sir" said an hungry looking security guard, Afternoon I replied" I wouldn't even have bother calling him to join eat my wrap of amala if he had been around when I was eating.
I walked in picked the deposit slip filled it correctly and proceeded to deposit the money, I was shocked and astounded by the long queue of people, the queue which I quickly join when I noticed the beautiful face of the young cashier sitting behind the counter, who tried her best to smile as the calls out Next and attend to the next customer.

Hmmm! She reminds me a lot of Chinye my ex girlfriend who left me for a richer guy, Haba!! and talking of rich, if only my father was alive I thought, I would have been in the university by now not some secondary school dropout who sweated it out learning alumaco under the sun.
The death of my father had been a big blow to my mother who couldn't afford to keep her five children in school, it was decided I had to stop schooling and go learn a trade. 
I was jostled out of my day dream by the calls of NEXT with everyone looking at me as if they knew I wouldn't share my wrap of amala with that security guard, when I noticed the cashier smiling at me, it was then I realize it has gotten to my turn, good as I walked down to meet her, thank God they were not starring because of amala for I was ready to defend myself.

Good afternoon she said as I approach her,afternoon I replied as I presented my deposit slip and Cash. She hesitated and asked if anything was bothering me, she explain that that was the third time she called me before I could hear her call, I apologized and reply that my mind drifted off. She expertly counted the money and go on posting on the system when I caught her name tag SHOLA it's read, hmmm!! lovely name With a lovely face. She was done and handed me back my copy, have a nice day she said.....

Watch out for Part 3......

No comments