Breaking News

DAIRY OF A CHILD OF SEVEN: AN ENCOUNTER WITH THE MASQUERADE

 An encounter with a masquerade



School has been uneventful that day. I happily rejoiced to the tune of the closing bell, as I quickly gathered my things and rushed to the school gate and Waited for my crew for the homeward journey. My school was 3 street from my house.

As we started the journey, my friends where busy chatting about the day's work, I was silent for all that on my mind was the type of food awaiting me at home, would it be fried rice and chicken or garri and fried fish? I was OK with either of the two as they were my favorite, I salivated thinking about them; my stomach reminded me how hungry i was .

I only noticed when we got to the end of the second street, only one more street to go I rejoiced.

Not long we were met with house and people running helter skelter, I was alarm so where my friends. Not knowing what was pursuing them or why they where running we kept going until we met a group of nasty, fearful looking masquerade with long cane pursuing people. As a sharp guy I ran for my life, running backward only to meet another at my front. How he got there I never understand, I was astonished that the masquerade made for with his long cane pose to beat the living hell out of me.

I ran for my life but he gained speed and shorten the distance as he raised his cane to hit me, I did the only thing worthy of me. I jumped into the smelling and dirty looking gutter and woke up immediately sweating all over. I feigned sickness and didn't went to school the next day for fear of encountering a real masquerade.
Who would blame a child of 7

No comments