Breaking News

DAIRY OF A CHILD OF 7: LONDON BRIDGE IS FALLING DOWN

: London bridge is falling down


I hated nursery rhymes, I believe they where lames and shouldn't be taught to kids. One of those I hated most was "John Bull my son I sent you to school".....
 On the first day I was taught that rhyme, I went home and asked my dad if my real name was "John bull"?  which he said no, then I asked him if john bull was a collective name for kids? He replied no, I asked him if he was the one that sent me to school? Which he gladly replied yes, thenI took out my pen and paper, spelled my full name and asked him if it was correct? Which he replied yes. I gladly told him how our teacher was either mad or stupid for calling us his son and telling us we don't know how to spell our name.

He laughed and laughed until I got angry and left, grown up and stupid way of doing things.
I never recited John Bull again and always murmur whenever my peers where told to recite it .

One day, when I was in Primary 3, I came across nursery students reciting "London bridge is falling point with no teacher in their class. I saw it as an opportunity to teach them what is right, I quickly entered and told them to keep quite that London bridge was not falling down presently as I believe or even though it fell it was a long time ago as I was taught the rhyme too.

Am sure they never understood what I was saying but I was happy to buttress my point until their teacher who was standing by the door unseen dragged me to the headmaster office.
Who would blame a child of 7.

No comments